A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

1.06.2010

Back To Life




I suppose I'm just way too much into crime dramas. I say this because this book was more like something I'd watch on tv then ever actually think of reading. But I did. And I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Trevor is SWAT. Skye is not. *dorky chuckle* Skye is a K9 cop with Bella as a partner.She's also a Valkyrie. The latest case is a serial rapist/killer who they just can't seem to catch. When the guy manages a bullet in Trevor's neck, Skye is compelled to save his life, and not just because it's her 'job'. Time passes in the way of days and even weeks, leaving the build-up of a relationship closer to reality than most books I've read. The casual yet consistent attempts Trevor makes to get Skye to just have coffee with him had me tickled. Finally, when they do give in to the physical attration they both share, some of Skye's powers seep into Trevor, the power to condemn to death by simply his voice.

I didn't expect the ending, which was rather good. The Epilogue, though, is not worth reading, and is actually the worst part of the story. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

No comments: