A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

2.12.2010

Fantasy Lover

Available at Amazon
Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. As a love-slave, I knew everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She, alone, bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again. But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace-the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two thousand year old curse?

Julian of Macedon




I didn't think I'd survive this one.

The son of Aphrodite and a Spartan warrior, Julian of Macedon has lived one hell of tortured existence.

"I'm no one's son. My mother abandoned me. My father disowned me. I was raised on a Spartan battlefield under the fist of whoever was around."

Since seven years of age, and even before that, he has been alone. Then one day in his youth, his spared a fellow boy his punishment and took it upon himself. From that day, Iason became the only brother he would ever truly friend. Those brothers he shared blood with only ignored or despised him.

Then Iason fell in love with a girl named Penelope, and she returned his love. Iason had parents who took pride in him, a mother who fed and nourished him as she could, and a woman who was promised to him.

Julian had nothing. And no one.

Then even Iason betrayed him, mocking him like all the rest. And in jealousy for all Iason ever had, and in pain for the betrayal, Julian cried out to Eros, his older brother. And Eros obliged him his desire. Iason was made to forget his care for Penelope, and Penelope was made to love Julian.

Then one day, Eros drunkenly told his brother, Priapus, what he had done. A hostory of their own between Julian and Priapus, Priapus took action. By him, both Iason and Penelope were given back the memory of their love, and each wanted vengeance upon Julian. Though he tried to stop Iason, for he was no match for Julian's skill, it could not be helped. Iason died on Julian's blade. In anger, and hysteria, Penelope ran from the stables as Julian held his heart's brother in his arms and Iason lay dead. She ran to their home, where she butchered the children he had sired from her. His children, the only thing he had ever loved. She slit her own wrists, and with her dying breath, she spat in his face.

It's not just what he lived, it's that it haunts almost every page in the book.

And all of that is only the tip of the iceberg. He's been in and out of the world since one hundred sixty something or so BC.. so... whew... he's lived a doosey.

No comments: