A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

4.02.2010

Candy Houses: Grimm's Circle #1

Not sure what to think about myself when a sex scene actually brings tears to my eyes.

Reaching down, I wrapped my fingers around his wrists. “Faster,” I said, staring down at him. “Harder.”

Rip’s lashes lowered. “I don’t want to hurt you. I don’t want to scare you.”

“You wouldn’t ever hurt me. You couldn’t ever scare me.”

As I said it, the dream shifted around me and we were no longer the beach, but in a bed. A big, soft bed that cradled me like a dream as Rip moved over me.

“Say my name,” he whispered. “Let me hear it.”

“Rip…”

“Tell me you’ve missed me,” he ordered, kissing me hard and rough. His voice was just this side of desperate, something I wasn’t prepared for, not with him. “Give me something, damn it.”

But I couldn’t ignore that plea—it was just an echo of my own need, anyway…right? That’s all dreams were.

“I’ve missed you,” I told him. Then his mouth came down on mine and he was kissing me like he could drown in me.

One second I was dreaming, lost in Rip’s arms, lost in his kiss and hovering on the edge of climax, and the next second I was awake, brutally awake and all too aware of the fact that I was being watched. I jerked up in bed, clutching the sheets and blankets to my chest.

Rip was standing in the doorway with one shoulder propped against the door jam. He had a look in his eyes that sent my skin to tingling all over. I mean all over—I felt it in my lips, my toes and every square inch in between.

“Hey,” I said. My voice cracked.

He continued to stare at me.

And where it went from there was only more... everything.

Candy Houses tells the story of the "real" Greta from the tale of Hansel and Gretel and Rip from Rip Van Winkle. Now a Grimm (fighter against the many kinds of demons in the world), Greta finds herself the savior and mentor to Mandy, a young girl who gets her hands on a book that could open the door to a demon taking over her soul.

At the same time, her path crosses once again with Rip who's on the hunt of a Grimm gone bad.

The best part of the story was the interactions between Greta and Rip. Two people who can't read each other very well until all masks are dropped. Suddenly every emotion is painted in pink and neon yellow poka dots across their faces.

I loved Rip. Actually, if I could be any character I've ever read, I'd want to *be* Rip. Just... without the blond hair.

★★★★☆

No comments: