A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

9.12.2010

Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect
Ever since Melanie's mom married Kurt's dad she's had the hots for her gorgeous, off-limits stepbrother. Knowing that Kurt feels the same way doesn't help her lust but through an unspoken agreement they ignore their forbidden feelings. Then Kurt drives her to a modeling shoot for an exercise book and winds up volunteering to model as her partner. What neither of them know is that the exercises in the book are all sexual--a modern Kama Sutra.

Melanie tries to ignore the sparks flying between her and Kurt, even when they have to get naked and pose for pictures that are both explicit and erotic. But how can she resist her sexy stepbrother? Will she and Kurt be able to keep from breaking the most forbidden taboo of all or will they give in to temptation in order to get every shot Picture Perfect?

Publisher's Note: While Kurt and Melanie have no blood ties and their relationship is fully consensual, some readers, particularly those with a history of sexual abuse or incest, may find this story disturbing. This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Exhibitionism, sex between stepsiblings, voyeurism.

OFFICIALLY MY TOP FAVORITE EROTIC STORY


If you haven't read an Evangeline Anderson story, you don't know erotica.

As if my mind isn't warped enough here's another taboo from Evangeline Anderson from 2008. It's one of the stepsibling romances but this time... no strange animal race to influence anyone.

However there were far less damning details to this one. Kurt and Melanie had only been stepsiblings for five years. Not their entire lives such as in Eyes Like A Wolf.

Melanie models a bit while attending college and she gets a chance to try out for a book deal. Unfortunately, it's on the bad side of town and Mr Protective, Kurt, insists he take her and make sure she gets home safe without anyone slipping her any drugs.

Once they arrive they learn the shoot has been canceled. The male model didn't show and all the other girls were sent home. But Melanie finds the photographer is world famous and doing a favor for a friend, and on top of an extra thousand bucks for the shoot she can't resist the chance to work with the legend. Lucky for her, Kurt's got the looks. Too bad he's reluctant. Of course, in the end, he agrees.

It's escaped their knowledge that this isn't an exercise book, and there won't be any workout suits. There won't be any clothes at all. Bear in mind, the photographer suspects Mel and Kurt are a couple.

Okay, so this one was *nowhere near* as bad as Eyes Like A Wolf. The sibling thing wasn't crammed down your throat and I frequently forgot it altogether. The intimate scenes are just hot and is was more like two friends who had never crossed that 'lovers' line. Being that the story is told through Melanie's eyes you're very aware of her attraction to Kurt and the openness to being with him. Meanwhile, Kurt is the more hesitant one. But he's also the first to let go. The boy has a gift with dirty talk. And he gets into it pretty darn quick, showing signs of desperation to know that he affected Mel just as much as she did him.

Seriously, I did not want those photo shoots to end! Too sexy. Definitely a book that will get you in the mood. And this cover fits the characters oh so well.

“Okay, you two want to tell me what’s going on?” she asked, stalking over with the camera in one hand.

“What do you mean?” I asked innocently, although I was pretty sure I knew what she was going to say.

“Why are you” -- she pointed at Kurt -- “acting like she’s too hot to touch? And you --” She pointed at me. “Why are you playing Little Miss Shy? And why are both of you as stiff as boards? I would expect this kind of reserve if the two of you didn’t know each other, but you’re a couple -- you’ve been together for…how many years?”

“Five,” Kurt said before I could answer.

“Five years,” Lisa continued, pacing up and down in front of the bed where we were positioned. “I mean, you’ve probably fuckedher this way lots of times before, am I right, Kurt?”

“Oh, uh, sure.”He coughed, and I could almost see his tan face turning red. “I’vejust never…never in front of a camera.”

“Well, that to the side, it’s obvious you two have chemistry. You want her, right? She turns you on?”

Kurt cleared his throat and I couldn’t help looking over my shoulder to see his reaction to Lisa’s matter-of-fact question. “Yes, I want her,” he said with a quiet intensity that made me shiver. “I want her so much it hurts.”

“And you, Melanie,” Lisa continued, looking at me. “Kurt is a good-looking guy, and it’s clear he knows how to treat you in the bedroom. Knows when to be gentle, when to be rough -- am I right?”

I bit my lip and felt myself turning bright red in the face, but I forced myself to answer. “Kurt’s…ah, amazing in bed,” I murmured. “He always knows just how to touch me.” Now why had I added that last part?

Evangeline Anderson likes to cross boundaries that should probably never be crossed. And she does it so well. If only she'd step away from the m/m and threesomes. Even if I don't care for the theme of the book, I know I'm going to love how she wrote it. Just like Shiloh Walker. Those two are on their own level. I can't get enough of their character torture. And they always have a happy ending.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Evangeline Anderson is one that I know I can always go to for a good erotica read. I enjoyed this book a lot. I agree, it's easy to forget the step-siblings thing.