A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

1.12.2011

Declan & Tori: Hunters #1


Declan & Tori
Shiloh Walker
The Hunters, book one
ebook, 127 pages
Published October 16th 2003 by Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.
ISBN 9781843606635

She was just doing her job, tracking down a nutcase who was stalking a young dancer. And then the unspeakable and impossible happened. She was bitten.

A newly turned vampire, Tori is alone and starving and she doesn't know what to do. But she knows who to turn to-gorgeous, mouthwatering Declan-a police detective who has a few secrets of his own.

I am not, by any means, a fan of vampires. Whether they sparkle, burst into dust, explode into light, or any other of the imaginative twists forced upon the folkloric race. So I made a huge mistake by prematurely committing myself to reading this series. It proves -yet again- that just before I absolutely adore an author, it doesn't mean I can tolerate everything he/she puts out.

This was just the oh-so-wrong book for me, so my review -0 out of 5 stars- has nothing to do with the writing or anything of that nature but directed moreso to the substance therein. I was determined to finish but by the end I was left growly, pissed off, disgusted, and in desperate need of a palette cleanser.

What's the worst death possible for a shifter? Cuz I'm dealing that out to Declan. Tenfold.

First of all, I don't care for wolf shifters that like to be fed from. Secondly, there is no talking out your muzzle when in wolf form. And thirdly, there is no damn sharing! Declan went from 1) She's mine. Don't touch -to- 2)Okay, I'll share, but her ass is mine -to- 3)Okay, you can have her ass now -to finally- 4) You fuck her. I'll watch.

Are you freaking kidding me!? No. No. No. Share your wives all you want. There is no sharing mates!

Despite the things I did like... the vulgarity and the teaching that for the sake of the world some people do in fact deserve to die... there was way too much that left me reeling. Near the middle I thought sure, I could read this. It's tolerable. Wrong! It completely spiraled downhill from there.

And yet, if you like menage, paranormal exhibitionism/voyeurism, casual sex, borderline bestiality, and a wolf who claims 'Mine' but doesn't do a damn thing about proving it... then this is a book for you. Me? I have no interest whatsoever in continuing the series and even less interest in ever reading another word about Eli.

As I said, 0 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Neena said...

Ewww..to the high powered ick...

Since when did? *grrr...shudders to think* It took me a couple of mentionings to actually let it sink in the words..'wolf shifters that like to be fed from..' I was like, what? Until it really sank in and then it became..WHAT?!

Okay. So this one is on the must be avoided at all costs list. Then...the sharing? *offers listerine in sympathy for the palate cleansing* I dunno how you lasted. *shudders*

*You* get props for the endurance. =)

Ragan said...

Thanks!

Yeah, fed from. In other words, being a vamp's dinner. I don't like it when they mix races either but that was the least of the issues in this one.