A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

9.17.2012

A Demon and His Psycho: Welcome to Hell #2


A Demon and His Psycho
Eve Langlais
Welcome To Hell, book two
ebook
Published July 17th 2012 by Eve Langlais
ISBN 9781927459089


Welcome to Hell where the rules are always changing, the ash is constantly raining, and Lucifer is watching, waiting to steal your soul…

I'm not crazy. I just have anger issues.

With a giggle and an outrageous mouth – perfect for things other than talking – Katie comes flying into Xaphan’s life, upsetting centuries of self-inflicted misery. How can he stay true to the one he lost when a bubbly psycho, with mismatched eyes, keeps consuming his thoughts – and awakening his desire?

So she was a tad bit nuts, Katie’s insanity came in handy as the Devil’s favorite problem solver. But killing’s not on the menu when a dragon goes missing, and worse, Lucifer teams her up with Hell’s grumpiest demon. His rejection of her advances only makes her more determined to seduce him. And despite her violent reputation, a part of her is oddly tempted to let him live.

Warning: This story centers around a grumpy demon holding onto an ancient vow and a perky psycho (with killer tendencies) who is determined to make him snap. There's cursing, melt-your-screen hotness, messed up religious tropes and snort out loud fun. If you enjoy raunchy humor, sizzling moments and already know you’re going to Hell, then dive on in.


She's wrong. This bitch *is* crazy. And by the end, she even drives Xaphan to madness.

I had too much fun reading this one. So much that I wanted to grab a copy for Redd but apparently erotica has been making her gag lately... Too bad. Cuz this was laugh-out-loud fun.

The only bad thing about this book is the font on the cover. Everything else, pure genius! Forget Hell as you know it. In this world, God and Lucifer are brothers and Luci's in a romantic relationship with Mother Earth. When Lucifer's granddaughter's pet dragon, Fluffy, goes missing from her garden, Xaphan and Katie are teamed up to track it down.

Xaphan is a thousand times a fool. Back when he was human, and a knight with no land or riches, he fell for his lord's woman and she used his infatuation to do her bidding. He sold his soul and pledged his undying love. Now he's a demon in Hell.

Katie's had a rough life. Every man she's ever known has let her down. So she kills them all. And others. And anyone else that inspires her psychosis.

  • A smile hovering around his lips, Lucifer waved her closer. “I see you’ve met your partner.”

    Lips pulled down in a grimace, Xaphan answered. “Unfortunately. You expect me to work with her? You can’t be serious?”


    “Oh but I am,” Lucifer replied with a smile that sent the damned – the smart ones at any rate – running.


    Smart or not, Xaphan wasn’t giving in without a fight. “Like fuck. I am not working with that crazy female.”


    “Why not?” she asked with a pout, planting her hands on her hips. It was ridiculously cute, and proved his point.


    “Exactly how are you supposed to help? Look at you.”

    She peered down and rotated her hips, trying to look behind her. “What about me? Is it the shorts? Did I not trim enough off? I skipped the underwear so I wouldn’t have any lines. It’s the bra, isn’t it? I went for support so I wouldn’t jiggle when I ran, but you’re right. It’s got to go.” And it did. A shimmy, a wink and a wiggle later, a black lace confection went whipping towards his face.


    He caught it, stunned. “You’re completely and utterly psycho.”


    “Why thank you,” she said, as she held a hand to her chest and preened. “I do try my best.”


    “That she does,” Lucifer agreed. “Which is why I think she’ll be a perfect match for the task I’ve got planned.”


    “I am so winning employee of the year this time,” Katie exclaimed, punctuated with a fist pump.


It was crude and delicious and I want more! Somebody get these two a tv show!

Seriously, I am madly in love with this book. 5 out of 5 stars. And it's my first favorite of 2012. Wheee!

  • “Why did you come?”

    “Because I love you.” He slapped a hand over her mouth before she could retort. “No. You don’t get to talk yet. You have a tendency, I noticed, of flying off the handle with wrong conclusions, so this time you need to listen. I love you, Katie, killer of demons and sexy psycho.


    She shook her head behind his enforced silence.


    “Don’t try and deny it. I know what I’m feeling. And I’m telling you right now I never felt it before.” She narrowed her gaze. “Never. What I had with Roxanne was nothing like what I feel for you. Not even close. I need you.”


    No, she wouldn’t melt. She had to stay strong.


    “Stubborn, psycho. Fine, you need more proof? I went to the bars the first day after you left.”


    Aha, the cheater.


    “I let women hit on me, left, right and center.”


    Oh, she could feel a murderous rampage coming on.


    “They left me cold.”


    Killing spree averted.


    “So I went to a dating service.”


    Blood pressure rising.


    "They introduced me to beautiful women, nice women.”


    Going to explode.


    “None of them could hold a candle to you.”


    Out went her breath.

Eve Langlais is typically a MFM author. So glad she makes the occasional exception.

No comments: