A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

9.13.2013

No Romance Required: Love Required #3

Make me believe you're in this bed with me, that neither one of us is alone tonight. -Cory


No Romance Required
Cari Quinn
Love Required, book three
ebook, 250 pages
Published August 12th 2013 by Entangled: Brazen
ISBN 9781622667963

Faking it never felt so good…

Cory Santangelo is used to getting his way, both in the boardroom and the bedroom. Lately he hasn’t had much opportunity to do anything but work, but one unexpectedly sexy night in a gazebo with Victoria, his gorgeous and feisty interior designer, changes all that—especially when they’re caught on camera. Suddenly Cory’s sterling reputation is no longer above reproach. Since his impromptu encounter coincides nicely with his need for a girlfriend to get his well-meaning, meddling parents off his back, he decides to ask his lifelong frenemy for a favor.

To pretend to be his girlfriend for a month. No strings attached.

The only problem? Vicky Townsend wants those strings tied all around her. She’s battled a long-suppressed crush on Cory, and their combative work relationship has only fanned the flames. When he suggests his needs are more than she can handle, she’s ready to up the ante. And her bargaining chip is lots of delicious, inventive sex.

Until they discover nothing feels as good as making it real…


Cory and Vicky have kept me entertained since their beginning. Their witty verbal sparring would be enough to have me hanging on page after page even without the intense physical chemistry. There are *very* few books that send me looking for a fan. This was one of them.

Cory's world revolves around his business and financial success. He doesn't "long for anything he couldn't satisfy within the columns of a profit-and-loss sheet." Nice life, huh? But to Vicky, Cory's just a "distracting combination of megalomaniac and man candy, covered in geektastic frosting that wreaked hell on her hormones." They've known each other since high school and Vicky has been half in love with Cory for years.

“We’re both going to watch you shatter for me.”

This book opens up on the same night that the first book closed and things ignite rather quickly. Much too quickly. In that what-the-hell-just-happened kind of way.

This book is hot. Chapter six alone was *blazing*. Cory's need to be in control isn't confined to the office. The man has BDSM fantasies. And they are oh so yummy.

Her chin came up. “There’s nothing fun about someone restraining me.” “What if the restraints are all in your mind?” He pressed into her skin, knowing he would leave an indent. Wanting to. “And what if that someone was me?”

I worried for Cory. So alienated from the world. Vicky was the closest, and only, person left he had as a friend. I wondered what would come that would break him. Instead of being broken, though, he was awakened.

"In the red sweaterdress I peeled off her she looks like a miracle.” He gritted his teeth and fought to haul in air. “I don’t deserve one, but God, she makes me wish.”

The man has a talent for words.

"Imagining you’re behind me, whispering in my ear. I can smell you, your soap and your perfume. It reminds me of being outside, in the barn. The smells of hay, earth, and fresh, clean air. Everything so sharp and crisp. That scent’s inside me even when you’re not around. If I breathe in right now, you’re there. Always.”

The end sneaked up on me. I was too busy devouring page after page to realize it was all about to be over. Hot damn. What a ride.

5 out of 5 stars. Best of the series!

Previously in this series: