A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

2.26.2021

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter #1)


Night Pleasures
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Dark-Hunters, book one
Kindle Edition, 321 pages
Audiobook, 10+ hours
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Press


See how it all began…

Have you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power?

That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: an accountant. She’s smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Now I find myself wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist. Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there’s any way a woman can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he’s not sure it will ever beat again.


Never made it past the prequel to this series. Pretty sad, considering that book, Fantasy Lover, gave this blog its name.

Amanda Devereaux comes from a family all too familiar with magic and mischief. She herself wants nothing to do with the powers she possesses - powers of premonitions that she's failed to harness to the point where they actually benefit her. Plus, she's scarred from being unable to save her best friend when her powers gave her the foresight to do so. But when her sister is targeted by a daimon, and the dark hunter Kyrian gets literally chained to her side, Amanda faces up to the paranormal aspect of her existence.

While the Dark Hunter series doesn't do it for me the way the League series does, or did, I do find it an enjoyable experience. Albeit a simple one.

3 out of 5 stars.

Available in ebook | audiobook | paperback | hardcover

No comments: