A Place for Romance: Paranormal | Fantasy | Futuristic | Contemporary | Historical | Suspense | & Asian Dramas

3.15.2011

Sporting Wood: Naughty Nooners


Sporting Wood
Cindy Spencer Pape
Kindle Edition
Published January 20th 2011 by Ellora's Cave
First published 2010
ASIN B004K1ESKS
Part of the Immortal Cravings series.

What happens when a werewolf and a dryad meet in the forest at night? For Cooper and Kyla, the result is smoldering-hot passion beyond anything they’ve ever known.Even though there’s no real future for a botany professor and a nymph who lives in a tree, Coop keeps returning, night after night, for the steamiest sex of his life. When their fiery passion turns to love, it seems hopeless, unless a determined Kyla can find a way to keep her man.

Cooper Marceski, werewolf and scientist, goes running through the woods and stumbles upon a sacred grove. There, he finds two alders and suddenly he's a moron talking to a tree.

Now I'm new to the whole trees possessed by nymphs world. I'm sure there's a word for it- I don't know it. Liked Ferngully and Pocahontas and all that jazz but although I found this story a bit refreshing, I couldn't bring myself to get past the oddity of it all. A wolf just a mated a tree for gods' sake. And don't get me started on the title. 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments: